topnavic.jpg (22808 bytes)

 

.

 

.    TOUR 
     HOMEPAGE

.    SECTION 2

.    SECTION 3

.    SECTION 4

.    SECTION 5

.    OVERALL
     PLAN

.   

.   

.   

.   

.   

.   
.   

SECTION 1
SECTION 1 MAP

1. You start the tour at .... The Lampost ... ornamental lampost dedicated to Mrs Glasgow of Montgreenan who donated 200 to the Burgh in 1890. Refurbished and erected by Irvine Development Corporation (IDC),who no longer exist, in 1996.... outside of THE LAMPOST
2. Abbeygate - built by IDC. First inhabitant Aileen Paterson's shop in October 1996. Achieved Saltire Society Award 1997. ABBEYGATE
3. Mother Lodge - present building dates from 1893. A small Masonic museum is open by appointment only. MOTHER LODGE
4. The Lemon Tree - formerly The Commercial Hotel. The main frontage is Victorian in style dating from about 1820. Other parts of the building are much older. THE LEMON TREE
5. Gateway to Churchyard - Site of the 'Auld Lodge' used by the masons 1780-1893. gateway to churchyard
   
7. Mural - depicting local scenes mural
8. Small park - Memorial to former town dignitaries. Beginning of River footpath.  
9. Abbey Park - Football ground and home to 'The Buffs'. ABBEY PARK FOOTBALL GROUND
NEXT SECTION